Authors can submit manuscripts in the health sector in the broadest sense to be published as articles in this journal. The number of authors is not limited, and information about authors submitted online must be exactly the same as written in the manuscript, both in terms of the number and completeness of the author's identity. If this is not complied with, the submission will be rejected.
Authors must choose one of the following types of articles:
- Research (summary of research results)
- Case Report (summary of case reports)
- Literature Review (review of previous research results)
- Editorial (introductory information submitted by the editor)
The systematics of writing manuscripts for Research, Case Reports and Literature Review are:
- Author equipped with affiliation, e-mail and correspondence
- Abstract equipped with keywords
The systematics of writing manuscripts for editorials are:
- Author equipped with affiliation, e-mail and correspondence
- Untitled content, containing up-to-date relevant information
All manuscripts must be written in the provided article template. Please visit the "ARTICLE TEMPLATE" menu to get it. Article template is a place to write articles which is also a guide for writers. All content and writing format in the article template must be followed by the author. All text formats that appear in the template should be considered as guidelines, although sometimes they are not accompanied by an explicit explanation. For example, if a paragraph is written in 1 cm indentation, use Time New Roman 10 regular font, with 1 space without additional spacing with the previous or next paragraph; then it should be considered as a guide. Authors are not allowed to write with different contents and formats.
For clarity, please read the following advanced instructions carefully before starting to write articles
- Manuscripts must be written in the article template, not in a separate file
- All instructions and examples must be read carefully and then applied. For example, if the title in the template is written in the format Capitalize Each Word, Time New Roman 10, bold and positioned in the middle, then the author must follow these rules. Please also comply with the provisions and examples of author writing, affiliations, abstracts, introductions, methods, results, discussion and bibliography.
- Be careful in writing the author's name, because the author himself knows the truth. Not allowed to write word abbreviations, for example Meta becomes "M". Unless the author's official name is an abbreviation.
- Provisions for writing tables and figures must be complied with. Please pay close attention to the rules for writing table and figure titles, sentence formats, including avoiding the use of the BOLD format. For image titles, it is not permitted to change the word "picture" into other words such as: diagrams, charts, flows, schemes, graphs and so on.
- Citation and bibliography should be written in Vancouver style. Citation in paragraphs must be written using numbers sequentially starting from number 1, written in brackets, and in superscript position. The author must really understand writing bibliography using the Vancouver style. Please note that the Vancouver style differs from other styles for reference writing in the form of journal articles, proceeding articles, website pages, books, book chapters, magazines and so on. If you use citation software, such as Mendeley, then the risks of errors can be avoided more effectively.
Please be careful in writing the bibliography manually, because there are often errors in using the. (dot), : (colon), ; (semicolon), spaces, brackets and so on.
Prior to submission, the manuscript must be checked repeatedly to ensure that the manuscript has been written correctly both in terms of writing and content. The editor will expressly reject submissions that are not written in accordance with applicable regulations.
After confirming that the manuscript is correct, the author can submit it with the following steps:
- Visit https://nersbaya.poltekkesdepkes-sby.ac.id/index.php/nersbaya
- Login with the registered username and password. How to get a username and password are: click the REGISTER menu, fill out the available form (the form marked * is mandatory), put a CHECK (V) mark on the AUTHOR and READER options. Please note the username and password, as these will be used continuously.
- Click USER HOME
- Click NEW SUBMISSION, then proceed to the submission step until FINISH (important: to add a second, third, etc., please click ADD AUTHOR in the third step)
- Next, the manuscript enters the WAITING FOR REVIEW stage. The author must monitor the next stages, namely REVIEW, EDITING, to PUBLISHING. For every step change, the author will send an automatic notification via e-mail (inbox or spam)
- At the REVIEW stage, the author will accept the decision (DECISION). Please read the notification and respond. If there is feedback for revision, the manuscript should be revised immediately, then uploaded again in the "UPLOAD AUTHOR VERSION" section. Next, the editor will check the revised manuscript.
- If you accept the revision, the author will accept the decision "ACCEPT SUBMISSION" and the manuscript will enter the EDITING stage. However, the manuscript may have to be revised again (REVISION REQUIRED), it may even be rejected (REJECTION).
- If the manuscript has been received (ACCEPTED), then there is a payment message via e-mail. At this stage you can submit a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) and it will be sent via e-mail.
- EDITING is the stage after the manuscript is accepted. Authors must frequently monitor messages via e-mail (inbox and spam) or login to monitor the progress of manuscript processing. Try to see and reply to NOTIFICATIONS from the editor.
- After editing is complete. Manusricpt entered the PUBLISHING stage or published as an article. All published articles will appear in the archive menu (ARCHIVE). As for the latest issue, apart from being in the archive menu, the article is also in the recent menu (CURRENT). In the current menu, if the preparation of fulltext articles is not final, only the title and abstract will be published. A few days later will appear fulltext articles that can be downloaded freely in PDF format. At the very top you can download the cover file, journal profile and table of contents.